Photograph by Daniel Cavazos
3TEN Austin City Limits Live
Music’s Best Address just got even better. 3TEN ACL Live is the latest venue addition to the venerable Austin City Limits brand and family.
Located next door to the ACL Live box office in downtown Austin, 3TEN is a 350-person capacity state-of-the-art showcase room presenting smaller, more intimate shows of world-renowned, emerging, and local artists, as well as custom private event experiences.
As the newest extension of the Austin City Limits experience, 3TEN is reverently reminiscent of the original ACL Studio 6A at the University of Texas in both size and commitment to musical discovery and excellence. And as with its big sister ACL Live, 3TEN is also the embodiment of style, technological innovation, and exceptional quality. The venue is equipped with the most advanced audio and lighting systems available to deliver a live music experience like no other.
3TEN’s interior is rich with dark hardwoods, lush velvet, and brass trimmings and features stately VIP and Green Rooms. The venue’s large sliding glass front doors open up the breadth of the façade to the 3TEN patio on Willie Nelson Boulevard. Fans can easily see the stage from the patio while enjoying a beverage. The space is wired for livestreaming, recording sound and video, and is customizable. Whether it’s a regular concert, ACL Live after-show, wedding, or corporate affair, the space can be configured in any manner depending on the needs of the event.
To continue ACL Live’s commitment to sustainability, 3TEN was constructed with all LEED certification requirements in place, including an impressive array of digital screen displays—the largest is a 9.8′ x 16.4′ LED video wall positioned behind the stage. LEED is a mark of excellence developed by the U.S. Green Building Council acknowledging measurable performance attributes that benefit human and environmental health.
Photo by Alison Narro
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What's the difference between an ACL Live show and 3TEN show?
A: ACL Live shows take place upstairs in the larger, 2,700-capacity room. 3TEN ACL Live shows take place in a smaller, more intimate 350-person room downstairs on the street level.
Q: Can I park at the W Hotel for 3TEN ACL Live shows?
Q: What are the box office hours?
A: Monday through Friday from 10am-3pm. If an event is scheduled on for that evening, the box office will reopen one hour prior to door time for that show.
Q: Where is the box office located?
A: The box office is located on 2nd street between Lavaca and Guadalupe.
Q: How do I purchase tickets in advance?
A: You can purchase tickets online at 3TENaustin.com or at our venue box office. For problems purchasing online, please contact Ticketfly support.
Q: Can I transfer my Will Call tickets to someone else?
A: Yes. Prior to the day of the show you may contact Ticketfly support to Transfer Will Call tickets. However, on the day of a show the original ticket holder must come down to the venue and show driver’s license or photo ID in order to transfer Will Call tickets.
Q: Do I need an ID to enter the venue?
A: Patrons will not need to show an ID to enter the venue, but an ID will be required to pick up Will Call tickets and to purchase alcoholic drinks once inside.
Q: Can I leave the venue and come back?
A: The general policy for the venue allows re-entry; however, you must present your ticket again. Any shows that do not permit re-entry will be clearly indicated at the door. All patrons are subject to wanding and bag searches upon each entry.
Q: What accommodations are made for people with disabilities?
A: The venue is accessible for people with disabilities. Please contact 3TEN at (512) 225-7999 for more information. For individuals who prefer communicating via email, please contact us at info@3TENaustin.com.
Getting Here & Parking
Metered parking costs $1 per hour and is limited to 3 hours. Parking meters hours are:
- Monday – Wednesday: 8am – 6pm
- Thursday & Friday: 8am – Midnight
- Saturdays: 11am – Midnight
Limited valet parking for ACL Live ticketholders is available at the W Hotel on a first-come, first-served basis. For rates and more information about valet parking, please visit here. There is plenty of additional parking in the area, with some alternative options listed below.
Entrance on the east side of Guadalupe, between 2nd Street and Cesar Chavez.
Entrance on the east side of Lavaca, between 2nd and 3rd streets
Entrance on east side of San Antonio, between 2nd and 3rd streets
State Parking: Hobby Building
Entrance on east side of Guadalupe, between 3rd and 4th streets
Between 3rd and 4th streets and between Guadalupe and San Antonio, entrances on all sides
Between 3rd and 4th streets and between San Antonio and Nueces, entrances on west side of San Antonio and east side of Nueces
Entrance on West side of block
Photo by Alison Narro
Experience Music’s Best Address! Tour the home of the Austin City Limits Television show and our newest venue downstairs, 3TEN ACL Live. See the legendary music photography of Scott Newton & Jim Marshall at ACL Live.
Tours run Monday through Friday, 11am–Noon and begin from the ACL Live Box Office located on Willie Nelson Blvd (W. 2nd Street). The stairs leading up to the venue are located on 2nd Street and Lavaca. Please arrive fifteen minutes early to ensure that the tour begins on time.
- Tickets can be purchased in person at the ACL Live Venue Box Office (open 10am–3pm) or at the Austin Visitor Center, located on 602 E. 4th Street.
- Tickets are $12 per person; $10 per person for groups of 10 or more.
- Cash and Credit Cards accepted.
More than Just a Music Venue
- Home of the KLRU-TV produced PBS program, Austin City Limits, the longest running music series in American television history.
- On the Mezzanine level you will find the Keller Pfluger Gallery, featuring the photography of longtime Austin City Limits’ staff photographer, Scott Newton. All of the featured photography is the work of Scott Newton and has helped contribute to the iconic style of Austin City Limits for almost 40 years.
- The balcony level features the “Jack & Jim” Gallery, the largest exhibition of works from the estate of legendary photographer Jim Marshall.
- The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum designated the television show, Austin City Limits an official rock and roll landmark. The official plaque is on display backstage and out in front of the venue on Lavaca Street.
Facts about ACL Live
- Austin City Limits Live at The Moody Theater is a state-of-the-art, 2,700+ person capacity live music venue.
- No seat in the theater is more than 75 feet from the stage.
- ACL Live is nestled next to the W Austin Hotel & Residences, which are both located within Block 21, the first mixed-occupancy building of its type in the world to be LEED certified. LEED is a mark of excellence developed by the U.S. Green Building Council acknowledging measurable performance attributes that benefit human and environmental health.
- 2nd Street has been renamed in honor of Willie Nelson. A statue was erected on April 20th, 2011 and now stands out in front of the venue at Willie Nelson Blvd (2nd St) & Lavaca St.